ESPN and NASCAR have married, with ESPN jumping in to get the bridal dowry. Jed Drake, Best Man and spokesman for the Groom, stated “We fully intend to deliver and make this a perfect marriage between NASCAR and ESPN… And stop thinking about ESPN as one entity. …But it’s ESPN. It’s ESPN2. It’s ESPN on ABC. It’s ESPN HD. It’s ESPN2 HD. It’s ESPN Deportes. It’s ESPN the Magazine. It’s ESPN Classic. It’s ESPN.com, ESPN News, ESPN Radio, ESPN International and ESPN 360. You get the picture” ( Yup, we do. Dumb-dump-dee-dumb $$$$$) “It’s the most comprehensive presentation, and you will see NASCAR every day on all of those platforms continually. It’s a multimedia partnership that’s never been touched in the world of sports television.”
Groom’s man George Bodenheimer, ESPN and ABC Sports President, said “When NASCAR returns ‘home’ to ABC and ESPN, fans will instantly recognize the passion and expertise that distinguished our coverage for 30 years, but now applied with an unprecedented, multimedia commitment. The extent of our coverage and our talent and production team will set a new standard for service to NASCAR fans.”
The honeymoon begins with ESPN’s return to NASCAR, starting with coverage of the NASCAR Busch?? Series season-opener at Daytona International Speedway, Feb. 17, 2007 on ESPN2. The Busch?? serie’s being called the “Hidden Gem” of the Bride and Groom. The wedding ring must just be a band that you can’t see the diamond for the coal. This “Hidden gem” along with other NASCAR coverage forces NASCAR fans to subscribe to either cable, Directv or Dishnet to watch it.
Pay to See Thy NASCAR. Of course you can hope that a local bar near you is allowing patron’s to watch the NASCAR coverage, however what you end up paying for then, for food and drink for two is probably going to be more than the price of the subscription TV. Yes, I already have DTV. However.…there are a lot of NASCAR fans that cannot get ESPN, due to cost, location….etc. This is really unfair to NASCAR fan’s. Does NASCAR give a rip…nope. It’s all about the $$money$$.
I have been saying for a couple of year’s that eventually the Turner/Murdock war will end up with NASCAR being a DTV subscription like NFL Sunday Ticket.
“Al” channelled and I prophesied Oct. 13, 2005 exactly what I still believe will eventually happen. Remember in a few years, that I called it here first. The Church of the Great Oval: NASCAR Caps? NASCAR and Rupert are what I want to know about.
We are still a few year’s away from that, however, I stand on what I expect to happen.
Here are a couple other little ditty’s regarding “The Marriage”:
Hal Boedeker the TV GUY write’s in his blog:How committed is ESPN to NASCAR?
Scott D. Pierce at Deseretnews.com writes:”Hey! Maybe ESPN could get Jerry Tarkanian into the booth when ESPN airs the Busch Race at Daytona on Saturday, Feb. 17!”
NASCAR’s self appointed “High IQ Donkey” Full Throttle’s Marc had a little different take on ESPN the other day. I am just repeating you Marc, except I have stopped swearing in Church.
In the meantime,12 Step Meeting”s will be held here weekly for LugNutZ and other assorted NASCAR fans.
My name is Clance‘ and I am a racing addict-junky.
1. I admit I am powerless over my addiction – that my life and will have become unmanageable now that ESPN has announced it’s “marriage” to NASCAR.
2. I am trying to come to a belief that a Power greater than ourselves will restore NASCAR to sanity.
3. I have not made a decision to turn my will and our LugNutZ lives over to the care of NASCAR, ESPN, Ted Turner or Rupert Murdock as we understand them.
4. I have made a searching and fearless moral inventory of NASCAR, Brian France, ESPN, Ted Turner, Rupert Murdock, Jed Drake, BRENT MUSBURGER,and Marty Snid-er.I mean Smith.What’s his name??
5. I have admitted to God, myself and to a bunch of other human beings the exact nature of their wrongs
6. I am entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character from all of the above.
7. I have Humbly asked God to remove their shortcomings
8. I am making a list of all persons they have and will harm, and hope NASCAR is willing to make amends to them all
9. NASCAR should direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
10. I will continue to take personal inventory and when I am wrong, I will promptly it, unlike NASCAR or President Bush.
11. I am seeking, through prayer and meditation, to improve my conscious contact with God as I understood God, praying only for knowledge of God’s will for me and all other LugNutZ and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, The Church of The Great Oval will try to carry this message to other NASCAR addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Please leave your love donations in the comment basket.
My 2007 Astro-Prediction’s are also coming right up…while Robby is resting.
**This post in no way is meant to be disrespectful to, or offend anyone in any type of Recovery or 12 Step Program. My husband is a Recovering Alcoholic. The Power that be, enabled him to stay with his program. The 12 steps saved our relationship, our families and his life. K.I.S.S.